Lodging and Transportation
LOCATION for YMCA of the Rockies - ESTES PARK CENTER:
Note: that the LTER room block was released on July 1. You should contact Groups sales of the YMCA - Estes Parks Center (800-777-9622) directy and mention you are with the LTER Group to ensure lodging there if still availble. Other options include local hotels in the city of Estes Park.
You can get an ideal of lodging rates from the information below:
Lodging reservations for the 2009 LTER All Scientists Meeting can be made at https://www.ygroupres.org/LTER/. The costs listed on the registration pages include lodging and meals for the duration of your stay at the YMCA. Before making your reservation please read the following carefully.
You do not have do make any further lodging arrangements if you are:
- an International attendee and your travel is being paid for by the LTER Network Office (LNO) you will have received an email confirming your status as one of these people.
- are a LTER Information Manager staying in the eight bedroom cabin (check with Corinna Gries or Nicole Kaplan if you are unsure)
- Unless you were informed that the LNO is scheduling your shuttle, you will need to make shuttle reservations if arriving by plane at Denver (see below)
If neither of the above apply to you please read on
You will need to make your lodging reservations directly with the YMCA at the above link, pay for your lodging, and be reimbursed by your site. Each site will receive an allocation of funds from the LNO, and will bill us for that amount after the meeting. Therefore, you can help your site fit more people into their allocations by sharing rooms, and coordinating roommates before you register. Note that contrary to what the registration website indicates, your credit card will NOT be charged until you arrive for the meeting. The LNO has arranged this with the YMCA by guaranteeing your lodging for you.
The number of available single rooms is limited and will become more limited as the deadline for housing reservations approaches.
Note: that the LTER room block was released on July 1. You should contact the YMCA directy to ensure lodging there. If they indicate you should register on-line follow the instructions below.
Also note: that there is a penalty for canceling your reservation, so make sure you will attend before reserving.that the new deadline to make your housing reservation is July 1, after which time the LTER room block will be released.
- If you are attending only the main meeting, use the third link on the housing web page or click here.
- If you are attending attending the 1) information management, 2) education, 3) graduate student, or 4) executive board meetings (and thus arriving on Saturday the 12th), use the second link or click here.
- If you are attending the ILTER Ecosystem Services Workshop (and thus arriving on Friday the 11th) and NOT BEING SUPPORTED BY THE LTER NETWORK OFFICE, use the first link or click here.
We have arranged two choices for shuttle reservations from the Denver Airport to Estes Park Center/YMCA. You should book your shuttle times at about one hour after your arrival at the Denver Airport in order to retrieve baggage and make your way to the shuttle. If you originally booked with Estes Mounttain Shuttle they are referring all requests to Estes Parks Shuttle Service, choice #1. ( * see below).
For groups of people arriving AND departing at the same time, it may be cost effective to rent a vehicle for the meeting.
Note: It takes 3-4 hours to get bags, wait for your scheduled shuttle, and get to the YMCA, and the same amount of time returning to the airport. Therefore, late arrivals and early departures by shuttle are not possible, and should not be attempted.
Choice #1: Estes Park Shuttle Service: If you make your reservation at their web site, www.estesparkshuttle.com, before September 4, 2009, you will receive the round trip discounted price of $76.50.
The discount code for our meeting is: LTER
(be sure to use UPPER case letters at their web site).
You can also call (970) 586-5151 with your flight and credit card number to book a reservation.
Choice #2: Estes Park Limousine
Estes Park Limousine: Airport transportation. They offer a 10% YMCA special discount (DEN to YMCA) during the month of September. Call for special pricing. They handle groups of up to fourteen people in Executive Vans. They also have Lincoln Town Cars for smaller groups. Call Lou at 970-577-8687 and mention LTER.
* Phone for Estes Mountain Shuttle is: 1-877-378-3711 in case you originally booked with them and need to contact them for any reason.